E-1 Treaty Traders

AT&T, Sprint & T-Mobile Users Can Dial: **Lawyers

Fee Schedule

U.S. Citizen & Immigration Services (USCIS) has a set fee schedule for E-1 Treaty Trader Visas. The following is the fee breakdown for filing, and our attorney fees:

  • E-1 USCIS Fee: $205 – $460;
  • Attorney Fee: $4,000

The E-1 nonimmigrant classification allows a national of a treaty country, a country with which the U.S. maintains a treaty of commerce and navigation, to be admitted to the U.S. solely to engage in international trade. Additionally, certain employees of such a person or qualifying organization may also be eligible.

How to Qualify

To qualify for E-1 classification, the treaty trader must:

  • Be a national of a country with which the United States maintains a treaty of commerce and navigation;
  • Carry on substantial trade;
  • Carry on principal trade between the United States and the treaty country which qualified the treaty trader for E-1 classification.

Trade is defined as: “the existing international exchange of items of trade for consideration between the United States and the treaty country.”  Items of trade include but are not limited to:

  • Goods
  • Services
  • International banking
  • Insurance
  • Transportation
  • Tourism
  • Technology and its transfer
  • Some news-gathering activities.

Substantial trade, is defined by USCIS as “the continuous flow of sizable international trade items, involving numerous transactions over time.”  There is no minimum requirement of monetary value or volume; while monetary value is considered an important factor, greater weight is given to more numerous exchanges of greater value.

Principal trade, as defined by USCIS, exists when over 50% of the total volume of international trade is between the U.S. and the trader’s treaty country.

Period of Stay

Qualified E-1 treaty traders and employees have an initial maximum stay of two years, after which they may apply for an extension. Extensions are granted in increments of two years, with no limit to the number of extensions an E-1 Visa holder may be granted.

Our Florida Immigration Attorneys serve clients in Palm Beach County, Broward County, Miami Dade County, and most other Florida cities and counties.

Call us. We want to hear your story and share our experience.

Related Partners

Related Attorneys